School attendance is compulsory. If a student is absent from school, the student must present a Medical Certificate or letter from parents/guardians to explain the absence upon returning to school. Parents/guardians should not take their children/wards out of school during term time, for example, for an overseas holiday, to ensure that they do not miss out on their learning.
|Monday to Thursday||7.30 am - 1.30 pm|
|Friday||7.30 am - 1.00 pm|
1st Recess (P1 and P4)
9.30 am – 10.00 am
2nd Recess (P2 and P3)
10.00 am – 10.30 am
3rd Recess (P5 and P6)
10.30 am – 11.00 am
* A daily snack break of 10-15 minutes will be given to the pupils. This will take place between 12.00 am – 12.15 pm. They are encouraged to bring healthy snacks for their snack break (e.g., a sandwich).
Flag-raising Ceremony and Punctuality
Flag-raising ceremony will start at 7.30 a.m. Therefore, all students are expected to be in school by 7.25 a.m. Students will be deemed late if they arrive in school after 7.30 a.m.
Co-curricular Activities (CCA) for Primary 3 to 6 will be conducted outside curriculum time on Mondays. Respective teachers will give details of the CCA sessions to p arents/guardians.
Remedial Lessons/Enrichment Programmes
Selected students may also stay back after school for remedial/ enrichment lessons. Respective teachers will give details of the programmes to parents/guardians.
- Parents/Guardians and teachers can communicate via the Northviewan Handbook, ClassDojo, email or telephone Parents/Guardians can arrange with teachers to discuss their children's/wards' school matters during teachers' work hours when they do not have teaching duties.
- Please contact the General Office for general enquiries. The school will also use Parents Gateway as a mode of communication between the school and parent s/guardians.
Student's Personal Responsibility
Parents/Guardians are to remind their children/wards to bring their learning materials, homework assignments and sufficient pocket money to school each day. The General Office will not be able to facilitate the handing over of any student's homework/personal items/pocket money.
The school will not facilitate any requests for birthday celebrations in school in view of other students ' feelings, dietary needs and possible food allergies.
Home Address and Contact Numbers
Please notify the school of any change in home address or contact numbers for contact purposes, especially in an emergency.
Sending Children to School
Parents/Guardians who send their children/wards to school by motor vehicles may drive into the school and let them alight at the drop-off bay in front of the school lobby.
Leaving School Early
If a student needs to leave school before the end of a school day because he/she is unwell/for other valid reasons, parents/guardians must fill in a "Request for Student Early Dismissal" Form at the General Office. Parents/Guardians must present the form at the Security Post before students can leave the school.
- Students are not allowed to leave the school while waiting for their CCA, remedial classes or enrichment classes. To ensure the safety of our student s, they need a Lunch Pass to leave the school to go home for lunch.
- If your child requires a Lunch Pass, please request for the Lunch Pass Application Form via your child's Form Teacher at least 2 weeks before the start of the after-school programme.
- This Lunch Pass is only for students going home for Lunch. Parents/Guardians need to be responsible for your children's/wards' safety when they are out of the school compound. Lunch pass will not be issued for students to have their lunch outside the school premises without parent s' /guardians' supervision.
Visits to the School
For the safety of all students, parents/guardians visiting the school must register at the Security Post before entering the school. A Visitor's Pass will be issued and parents/guardians must proceed to the General Office for assistance. Parents/Guardians are not allowed to walk around the school premises on their own.
The school carpark has limited lots and they are meant for school staff only. Parents/Guardians visiting the school are requested to park their vehicles at the HDB carpark beside the school.
- Photographs/video images of students and their parents/guardians may be captured during school activities and event s. The school may use and publish the photographs and/or video recordings in print, electronic or other media, for example, in school publications and on school website. Teachers may also post photographs and videos of students ' participation in school activities through ClassDojo. If parents/guardians do not wish their children's/wards' images to be captured by the school, please write to the school.
- When you receive photographs/videos of students in action through ClassDojo, these photographs/videos may contain images of other student s. In view of the Personal Data Protection Act (POPA), please do not post such photographs/videos on any public platforms such as social media. Similarly, the above guideline applies if you have taken photographs/videos of our students during school events.
All Primary 1 students need to declare their travel plans, regardless of their travel intent. For other levels, a travel declaration is needed only if there is an intent to travel. Travel declarations are to be done via Parents Gateway. Parents/Guardians who are not onboard Parents Gateway with valid reasons can request for a hardcopy form at the General Office.
Group Personal Accident (GPA} Insurance for Students
NTUC Income is the GPA insurance provider for the school. You may visit the GPA website at http://www.income.com.sg/studentgpa for claim s, FAQs and other details. Alternatively, you may make enquiries at the General Office