School attendance is compulsory as frequent absenteeism will affect a student's performance. If a student is absent from school, the student must present a Medical Certificate (MC) or letter from parents/guardians to explain the absence upon returning to school. However, letters from parents are strongly discouraged.
Parents/guardians should not take their children/wards out of school during term time, for example, for an overseas holiday. This is to ensure that they do not miss out on their learning.
|Monday to Thursday||7.30 am - 1.30 pm|
|Friday||7.30 am - 1.00 pm|
|First Recess - Primary 6||8.30 am - 9.00 am|
|Second Recess - Primary 1||9.00 am - 9.30 am|
|Third Recess - Primary 2||9.30 am - 10.00 am|
|Fourth Recess - Primary 3||10.00 am - 10.30 am|
|Fifth Recess - Primary 4||10.30 am - 11.00 am|
|Sixth Recess - Primary 5||11.00 am - 11.30 am|
|Primary 5||9.30 am - 10.00 am|
|Primary 1 to 4|
|12.00 pm - 12.30 pm|
Flag-raising Ceremony and Punctuality
Flag-raising ceremony will start at 7.30 a.m. Therefore, all students are expected to be in school by 7.25 a.m. Students will be deemed late if they arrive in school after 7.30 a.m. Disciplinary consequences will be meted out to students who are late for eight times or more in a term. A student can be given a poorer conduct grade due to frequent lateness.
Co-curricular Activities (CCA) for Primary 3 to 6 will be conducted outside curriculum time on Mondays. Respective teachers will provide details of the CCA sessions to parents/guardians.
Remedial Lessons/Enrichment Programmes
Selected students may stay back after school for remedial/enrichment lessons. Respective teachers will provide details of the programmes to parents/guardians.
The school will use the Parents Gateway as a main mode of communication with parents/guardians. Parents/Guardians and teachers can also communicate via the Northviewan Handbook, ClassDojo, email or telephone. Parents/Guardians can arrange with teachers to discuss their children's/wards' school matters during teachers' work hours when they do not have teaching duties. Parents/Guardians are advised to make an appointment with the teachers. Please contact the General Office for general enquiries.
Student's Personal Responsibility
Parents/Guardians are to remind their children/wards to bring their learning materials, homework assignments and sufficient pocket money to school each day. The General Office will not be able to facilitate the handing over of any student's homework/personal items/pocket money.
- Parents/Guardians are to remind their children/wards to bring their learning materials, homework assignments and sufficient pocket money to school each day. The General Office will not be able to facilitate the handing over of any student's homework/personal items/pocket money.
- To promote personal and social responsibility in your child, we seek parents’/guardians’ assistance to ensure that your child/ward has a working oral digital thermometer on each school day. If your child/ward is unwell, please bring him/her to see a doctor. Your child/ward should return to school only if he/she has recovered.
The school will not facilitate any requests for birthday celebrations in school in view of other students' feelings, dietary needs and possible food allergies.
Home Address and Contact Numbers
Please notify the school of any change in home address or contact numbers for contact purposes, especially in an emergency.
Sending Children to School
Parents/Guardians who send their children/wards to school by motor vehicles may drive into the school and let them alight at the drop-off bay in front of the school foyer.
Leaving School Early
If a student needs to leave the school before the end of a school day because he/she is unwell or for other valid reasons, parents/guardians must fill in the "Request for Student Early Dismissal" Form at the General Office. Parents/Guardians must present the form at the Security Post before students can leave the school.
- Students are not allowed to leave the school while waiting for their CCA, remedial classes or enrichment classes. To ensure the safety of our students, they need a Lunch Pass to leave the school to go home for lunch.
- If your child requires a Lunch Pass, please request for a Lunch Pass Application Form via your child's Form Teacher at least 2 weeks before the start of the after-school programme. The Lunch Pass is only for students going home for Lunch. Parents/Guardians will be responsible for your children's/wards' safety when they are out of the school compound. Lunch passes will not be issued to students to have their lunch outside the school premises without parents'/guardians' supervision.
Visits to the School
For the safety of all students, parents/guardians visiting the school must register at the Security Post before entering the school. A Visitor's Pass will be issued and parents/guardians must proceed to the General Office for assistance. Parents/Guardians are not allowed to walk around the school premises on their own.
The school carpark has limited lots and they are meant for school staff only. Parents/Guardians visiting the school are requested to park their vehicles at the HDB carpark beside the school.
- Photographs/video images of students and their parents/guardians may be captured during school activities and events. The school may use and publish the photographs and/or video recordings in print, electronic or other media, for example, in school publications and website. Teachers may also post photographs and videos of students' participation in school activities through ClassDojo. If parents/guardians do not wish their children's/wards' images to be captured by the school, please write to the school.
- When parents/guardians receive photographs/videos of students in action through ClassDojo, these photographs/videos may contain images of other students. In view of the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA), please do not post such photographs/videos on any public platforms such as social media. Similarly, the above guideline applies if parents/guardians have taken photographs/videos of our students during school events.
All Primary 1 students need to declare their travel plans, regardless of their travel intent. For other levels, a travel declaration is needed only if there is an intent to travel. Travel declarations are to be done via Parents Gateway. Parents/Guardians who are not onboard Parents Gateway with valid reasons can request for a hardcopy form from the General Office.
Group Personal Accident (GPA} Insurance for Students
NTUC Income is the GPA insurance provider for the school. Parents/Guardians may visit the GPA website at http://www.income.com.sg/studentgpa for claims, FAQs and other details. Alternatively, enquiries can be made at the General Office.